Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The walk to work


I've put up a new album on my Picasa page. You can check it out here. It's basically a little slide show of my walk from my guest room (still haven't moved into my apartment yet) to work at the division office building.



I went to Hosur the other day. It's a really crowded town. It also did not help that a festival was going on at the time we were there. Basically all we did was go to a grocery, an ATM, and a fruit stand. I didn't really need anything, I just went along for the ride (the auditors who are here from America needed to pick up some stuff). I really saw how crowded it was when we were in the grocery store. It was very difficult to navigate because the store was so small and there were so many people. The traffic here in India is also much worse than in Bangkok. At least in Bangkok people will slow down for you when you cross the road. Here, it was quite scary crossing the road because the lanes don't really tell you anything about whether people will be coming from the left or right and once when we were crossing a moped came tearing down the road and went right in between two parts of our group, laying on the horn the whole time. It was quite an experience. I think it would probably take me a little while to get adjusted to driving here :P I was glad I got to see part of the town that we're so close to. It's like a different world living on the division campus.

No comments: