Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MOUTH OF STEEL! raaaaaaargh!


I ate (almost) an entire chili pepper!! I didn't cry, my head didn't explode, and fire didn't emit from any of my orifices. Granted, I ate it a little bit at a time, and with other food, but other than my nose running a bit and my mouth still feeling a bit warm 15 minutes later, I think it went pretty well. In fact, I even enjoyed the taste some. I figure, at this rate, I'll be able to eat all of the chilis that are served with my dal within the next decade or so. I just need to keep training...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

For some reason I find the labels to this blog funny. "Food, Spicy, Peppers, Chili." You know, if you say that really fast it sounds almost like a warning that an ESL person is trying to give you about a certain dish that is much too spicy for our "farang" mouths. Hahahahaha! Really, try saying it 5 times in a row. It's fun. That, and I'm really bored.

Steve said...

Ha, it really does sound like someone with really broken English trying to warn you of something. I could also see someone blurting that out, trying to stop you from hurting yourself. I imagine it something like, "NOOOOOOOOOOO! FOOD SPICY! PEPPERS! CHILI!"