Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Churchill and Fleming


Have you heard the story of Alexander Fleming twice saving Winston Churchill's life (in some variations Fleming's father saves him the first time)? Apparently it's a rather popular e-mail forward because I've heard it several times. After hearing the third variation of it in worship the other day (this particular version involved a pool instead of a lake or swamp which I had heard before) I figured there was something fishy about it. As I suspected, the story turns out to be entirely false. I checked it with a couple of different internet sources, but I believe the Churchill Centre website is the most authoritative. You can see the explanation for yourself here.



It makes me a little upset about what can get out there and be accepted as truth. I guess it is just a lesson to us all to always check your sources. And to think, I have even talked about this myth in the past, as if it were truth...



Oh yeah, and e-mail forwards are teh gayzorzz.

2 comments:

Nicol Clark said...

How peculiar - I was totally commenting and then my comment disappeared... Okay then.

Anywho - just thought I'd comment to show that you DO have a readership. Even if it's just me - lol. :)

Love the labels for the previous post. HAH!

Happy Friday - hope it IS a happy day. Miss you... Love you!

Steve said...

Hooraaay! Haha, reminds of the Flight of the Conchords with their one fan, Mel.