Monday, October 06, 2008

Tiger Mountain


For those of you who don't know, Justin Chen is one of the awesomest people I know. He's been at camp the last couple of years that I've been at camp and we always have a good time. He was my computer buddy in the staff lounge more often than not (he was always in there writing for his blog which you can find here) and we both share a passionate love for mountain biking.



We went mountain biking quite a number of times around camp and, one fateful, beautiful day, we both got the same day off and went on a little expedition to Tiger Mountain.



It was quite the adventure - I had a guide that outlined a trail to take, but we also did one shorter trail (about 4 miles) at the bottom of the mountain beforehand and went up to the east summit (about 3 miles round trip). I believe it was about a 20 mile ride altogether - and it was completely awesome.



Tiger Mountain is definitely in my top three favorite trails. It's maintained by the Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club and anyone who rides it can definitely tell that it is built and kept up by mountain-bikers. The lines (while often littered with roots and bumps) are absolutely amazing. There are log rides, small berms, and all kinds of other stuff.



If the reader is wondering why I brought all this up a couple of months after it happened it's because Justin just sent me the pictures he took from the day off. So here they are. All of the action shots are quite blurry, but it's just because I was going so fast. Enjoy them. I did.

No comments: